TV Advertising Costs
TV advertising costs in the UK 2020
TV ADVERTISING COSTS
HOW MUCH WILL A TV CAMPAIGN COST ME?
TV Advertising can be broken into two main costs, Creative (the making of your advert) and Media (the cost of placing it on a channel).
Media Cost – In general TV is bought and sold on a cost per thousand basis, this price is set by ITV and most broadcasters trade at either a discount or premium depending a number of variables:
- Seasonality – costs vary by month (summer tends to be cheaper than autumn for example)
- The trading audience – TV stations trade with agencies against many demographics
- Advertiser demand – If there is a high demand for TV advertising in the marketplace, you will pay more
- Time length of the creative – 30 seconds is an industry standard for costing campaigns if the length of your advert is shorter or longer than this, the costs will vary accordingly. The ad will need to be a multiple of 10 seconds in the UK market.
- Time of day – Certain day parts are more expensive than others ie buying daytime 0900-1730 is cheaper than buying alltime campaigns.
- Regionality – ITV, Channel 4, Channel 5 and Sky Adsmart give you the opportunity to target specific areas of the country. Generally this will be a higher cost per thousand than using the national only stations.
Call us now on 0800 133 7104 and we’ll be happy to take you through the TV market place and how our experts plan the most effective TV campaigns possible.